NIV, Cultural Backgrounds Study Bible, eBook: Bringing to Life the Ancient World of Scripture
Primary: NIV, Cultural Backgrounds Study Bible, eBook: Bringing to Life the.pdf - 41,707 KB/Sec
Mirror [#1]: NIV, Cultural Backgrounds Study Bible, eBook: Bringing to Life the.pdf - 29,113 KB/Sec
Mirror [#2]: NIV, Cultural Backgrounds Study Bible, eBook: Bringing to Life the.pdf - 38,971 KB/Sec
- NIV First-Century Study Bible: Explore Scripture in Its Jewish and Early Christian Context
- NIV, QuickView Bible, eBook
- NIV, Lifehacks Bible, eBook: Practical Tools for Successful Spiritual Habits
- How God Became King: The Forgotten Story of the Gospels
- The NIV Zondervan Study Bible, eBook: Built on the Truth of Scripture and Centered on the Gospel Message
- The Parables of Jesus
- Commentary on the Torah
- Nelson's Illustrated Guide to Religions: A Comprehensive Introduction to the Religions of the World
- How to Read the Bible and Still Be a Christian: Struggling with Divine Violence from Genesis Through Revelation
- Bible History: Old Testament
2017 ECPA BIBLE OF THE YEAR RECIPIENT
“How I wish someone had put a book like this into my hands 50 years ago.” - N.T. Wright, Research Professor of New Testament and Early Christianity, University of St. Andrews, Scotland
“I cannot recommend a study Bible any more than this one: Five stars!” - Scot McKnight, Julius R. Mantey Professor of New Testament, Northern Seminary
CONTEXT CHANGES EVERYTHING
You’ve heard many Bible stories hundreds of times, but how many behind-the-scenes details are you missing? Sometimes a little context is all you need to discover the rich meaning behind the stories of Scripture.
That’s what the NIV Cultural Backgrounds Study Bible provides. Every page is packed with expert insight into the customs, culture, and literature of Bible times. These fascinating explanations will serve to clarify your study of the Scriptures, reinforcing your confidence and bringing difficult passages of Scripture into sharp focus.
Discover new dimensions of insight to even the most familiar Bible passages as you take a behind-the-scenes tour into the ancient world.
The Bible was originally written to an ancient people removed from us by thousands of years and thousands of miles. The Scriptures include subtle culturally based nuances, undertones, and references to ancient events, literature and customs that were intuitively understood by those who first heard the Scriptures read. For us to hear the Scriptures as they did, we need a window into their world.
The NIV Cultural Backgrounds Study Bible, with notes from Dr. John H. Walton (Wheaton College) in the Old Testament and Dr. Craig S. Keener (Asbury Theological Seminary) in the New Testament, brings to life the ancient world of Scripture for modern readers.
- The full text of the NIV
- Targeted book introductions explain the context in which each book of the Bible was written
- Insightful and informative verse-by-verse study notes reveal new dimensions of insight to even the most familiar passages
- Key Old Testament (Hebrew) and New Testament terms are explained and expanded upon in two helpful reference features
- Over 300 in-depth articles on key contextual topics
- 375 full-color photos, illustrations, and images from around the world
- Dozens of charts, maps, and diagrams in vivid color
- Words of Jesus in red
- Additional study Bible tools: cross references, a concordance, indexes and other helps